Conducting the Vertical Jump Test
Please follow the instructions below to perform the vertical jump test.
- Ensure the jumping surface is safe and free from debris, moisture or oil.
- Set the device up correctly, based on the mounting device you are using.
- Once the setup is complete, use the adjustment rod and pull down on the eye bolt to lower the measuring device
- Stand flat footed underneath the indicators
- Reach up with one hand and touch the indicator the highest from the ground.
- Record the number on the indicator you can touch (This is your baseline measurement)
- Use the adjustment rod and push up to retract the measuring device.
- Decide on what type of vertical jump
- Jump and "TAP" the indicators at the apex of your jump
- Use the adjustment rod to move the indicators that were struck
- Repeat the jump as many times as required to get the best jump
- Record the number from the highest indicator that was tapped
- Subtract that number from the baseline number….That is the height of your vertical jump
Maximize Your Vertical Jump: