Product Information and Mounting Brackets
The Top Hopper is a patent pending measuring device used to measure the height of an athlete's vertical jump. This design has revolutionized the process. Other measuring devices have a design flaw that results in inaccurate, unreliable, and nonreproducible measurements. They have to be manually extended from the ground and locked into position around 4 feet above the ground. This means the bracket or mount that the measuring assembly attaches to cannot be rigid. It has to have slop in it so the measuring assembly can be raised and lowered, which is the last thing you want in a measuring device. You can see this in every video of the competitors product. When fully extended the product is bending do to the slop in the structure. So, obviously you cannot know what the height of your vertical jump really is.
The Top Hopper vertical jump measuring system is designed to extend down from a starting position and not up. This makes a big difference. One benefit is the types of mounts/brackets the measuring assembly can be attached to. The mounts can be very rigid, which is key to delivering accurate, reliable, and reproducible measurements. It also means the assembly can be mounted 10 feet above the ground away from risk of damage. It also allows a one-of-a kind mount to be secured to a basketball rim for additional versatility. Three mounting devices are available to meet your application and facility.
The design feature that makes this functionality possible is the use of mechanical detents. Mechanical detents allows the device to extent and retract with ease by the operator at ground level. The measuring assembly will raise and lower to exact locations by mechanically stopping at predetermined locations. This takes all of the guesswork out of adjusting the device and makes it extremely easy to use. The telescopic assembly is constructed of aluminum extrusions that are lightweight but extremely strong. It has a measuring span of 7 feet, which is a foot more than the competition. The design is very compact, which makes it very easy to store and operate. The indicators rotate when struck by the athlete at the apex of their jump. The athlete can measure their jump in 1-inch increments. The indicators are conveniently color-coded for instant feedback and are designed to resist breakage.
The Top Hopper vertical jump measuring system is designed to last a long time.
- All hardware is stainless steel, which are rust proof
- All brackets are painted or powder coated to protect them from rusting
- The rest of the assembly is aluminum or plastic which won't rust
With any measuring device, the reliability, accuracy, and reproducibility of the test is heavily dependent on the mounting system or bracket. The Top Hopper mounts are made from steel and are designed to be very rigid. Leveling capability is designed into The Top Hopper measuring assembly. The Top Hopper vertical measuring assembly is the most versatile vertical jump tester on the market today and can be held in position using one of three mounts.
- Wall Mount – The wall mount is permanently secured to the wall. It is important to ensure the bracket is level and at the correct height. Once the wall mount is in position, the Top Hopper measuring assembly can be easily installed to the mount using the two mounting bolts on The Top Hopper measuring assembly. Follow the direction in the package.
- Floor Mount – The floor mount bracket is designed to placed on a flat surface. It is important to level the floor stand before use. Once the floor mount is in position, the Top Hopper measuring assembly can be easily installed to the vertical tube using the two mounting bolts on The Top Hopper measuring assembly. Follow the direction in the package.
- Basketball Rim Mount – The basketball rim mount is designed to quickly attach to a basketball rim. Just place the mount on top of the rim and secure it into position. Then, the Top Hopper measuring assembly can be easily installed to the bracket using the two mounting bolts on The Top Hopper measuring assembly. Not all basketball rims are level so the built in leveling will ensure the Top Hopper measuring assembly is level.